The Center of Digital Humanities Research (CoDHR) awards grants to TAMU faculty, staff, and graduate students for summer technical consultation for digital humanities projects. These grants give those who are working on projects time with DH experts who are available to offer advice and provide initial support for:
- developing online scholarly communities;
- developing archive and data sites;
- selecting software and initial training;
- directing research related to the digital humanities (environmental scans, ontology development); and
- effectively managing the project.
Awards are given in terms of number of staff hours allotted to the project. Applicants are expected to perform some initial research into project needs and appropriate technologies, and applications will be evaluated on the basis of: clearly articulated project goals, feasibility given the limited duration of the grant term (June 1, 2019 – August 31, 2019), and appropriateness given CoDHR’s mission and areas of expertise.
Application Deadline is March 31, 2020
To apply complete and submit the 2020 Summer Technical Assistance Grant Application form with the following information:
- Project title and description
- Assessment of project’s relationship to existing digital scholarship (please provide a bibliography)
- Project needs; including specific project goals with deadlines that can be met through the June 1, 2020 – August 31, 2020 grant term
Successful applications will demonstrate basic knowledge of comparable projects and tools which can be obtained by searching in Google and in the Humanists listserv archives http://dhhumanist.org/
Grant award notifications will be made by April 30, 2020.
Please address questions and applications to Nancy Sumpter (firstname.lastname@example.org).